Saturday, December 29, 2007

Confessions of the genuine

I've spent quite of a bit of my life trying to become a person that impresses the world. So much of what I do is based on what I think others want me to do. But really who am I impressing anyways? Lately it seems like noone, and most of the time, I'm not even impressing myself. I don't know why I'm writing this all down, maybe its to confess, maybe I just need to talk through it for myself, but either way I am compelled to come clean about it. So just to be clear, the truth is my faith is weak, my face is broken out, my family is kind of ridiculous, I'm running late, and I was rude to my mother this morning. I rarely get things right. Sometimes I can be kind of a bitch and sometimes I put things off. I don't do most things the way the directions say and I've never made a pie crust from scratch - nor do I intend to ever. Most of the time I wish I were prettier and little smarter. I don't read my bible as much as I need to because sometimes I open it up and can't stomach whats on the page. I rolled my eyes at a woman in the grocery store today and I'm not sure why. I swore 6 times today. And I drank all the apple juice and put the empty bottle back in the fridge. Just wanted to get that off my chest...Thanks

No comments: