Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Did curiosity kill the cat?


They say that curiosity killed the cat. The past couple of days I feel like I've been asking a lot of questions without a lot of answers. I am really really quite sick of this.

How do justice and mercy coexist? If God WOULD save all men, but CANNOT, is He infinite in power? If God CAN save all men, but WILL NOT, is He infinite in goodness? Whats the deal with original sin? Will the Lord cast off forever? What does salvation really mean? Is it really sin that separates us from God? What does it mean to be holy? Does God make mistakes? What exactly is the power of prayer? Does God forgive us when we lose our faith, I mean in times when the grief is so great that it hurts too much to believe?

These questions keep coming with no answers to follow. It seems that I have no hope, just curiosity. But maybe curiosity is a kind of hope, the hope that there are answers to all my questions and even still questions left to ask.

No comments: