Thursday, November 25, 2010

The greatfulness project: Day 25

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! This will be my last daily installment for the gratefulness project. You can fully expect a post of reflections about the experience. I pray that you take time to thank our Father in Heaven for all the love, blessings and challenges you have in your life this Thanksgiving.

Today I am thankful for so many things:

1. Spending time with my sweet parents

2. Mary Poppins

3. Dogs

4. Cookbooks

5. Catching up with my sister in law

6. Very important text messages. haha:-)

7. Facebook baby pictures. I love pics of cute babies especially on holidays and Facebook is my number 1 supplier! haha

8. That Christmas is finally a socially appropriate thing to celebrate

9. My job

10. Friends who are spread literally across the world. I have been blessed to know some of the most amazing people and I am grateful to call them my friends.

11. The fact that I am searching for something that I just can't seem to grab hold of. I can already see how this particular challenge has helped me develop my trust in God as my provider and listening to the Spirit's whisper in my heart. I mostly hate the feeling of being eluded, but I'm a firm believer that challenges aren't really bad things, and that they help us grow.

12. Jesus. For his love, for his grace, for his peace, for his redemption. Just for him, plain and simple.

No comments: