Saturday, May 31, 2008

Restless


You know those weeks that are just sad? I hate those weeks. This week, unfortunately was one of those weeks. It was rightfully sad. Two of our close family friends passed away this week, one of Altzheimer's the other unexpectedly. They were both people from my church in New Orleans and they both represented people that the church generally over looks. Yet, at Carrollton they had a place. While I am certain that they both felt like outsiders at times, there were people there that loved them, and they knew it. At least, I hope they did. My heart is sad for their families and all the sadness they feel and all the questions I know they must have.

There is something about being at home that makes me a little more melancholy than usual. Perhaps it is just that everything is different and its a constant reminder of what used to be, because I don't remember ever being like this when we lived in New Orleans. I am praying that God gives me the resolve to learn to be content in all things.

On a lighter note, my dad says the funniest things, but not to be funny. I think I just might start writing them all down. And I'm super excited to see the Sex and the City movie on Monday.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

I understand what it's like to have a "sad week." I hope it gets better. And by the way, Sex and the City was AWESOME. I saw it on Friday at 10:00pm, which since you know me, is out of character because I'm usually a grandma and am in bed asleep at like 8:00. Oh, the things we do to be entertained.