Sunday, August 16, 2009

Waiting on the wind to change...


Lately I've been thinking a lot about the way I always feel like I'm just waiting. I feel like I've been hesitating my whole life because I'm waiting for something big to happen. Sometimes I'm waiting on approval from others, or waiting for the right boy to come along and tell me what I want to hear. Other times I'm waiting on the future to get here faster, or for a defining moment- when you just know what you're supposed to do with your life. A lot of times I find myself waiting for God to show up and answer all those doubts. The thing is, life just isn't that way. It's not a series of poetic events where the smoke clears and suddenly things fall into focus. Furthermore, I have to believe that God is guiding my steps, and that there are things He wants me to learn. Each day is a gift, that I ussually waste waiting for something big. But I'm done. Maybe there are no right moments, right guys, right answers for all those doubts...maybe you just have to trust whats in your heart: The LORD is my shepherd, there is nothing I lack. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, ad I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. ~ Psalm 23

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

I feel you, Shannon. I so often feel like I'm waiting around for something "big" to happen when in reality life is going on around me and I'm not joining in because I'm waiting for this defining moment. It's ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the little blessings, little opportunities, and tiny doors that open in front of you. They'll aggregate into "big stuff" soon enough. 'sides, the "little things" often become bigger than we could ever imagine at the time. "Attempt the ordinary" as one writer challenges.

KG