Friday, March 26, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Spring Break was great. It was good to reminded of the faithfulness of God. I am finally realizing that my time in Abilene is coming to a close. Of course, I am sad to leave. I keep finding myself lingering longer in my professors offices, hugging my friends a little tighter and wanting to get all the advice I can. But just as I am sad to leave, I'm exicted to go back to New Orleans. I know it will be a big change, and getting a job there scares me a bit. But I just know in my heart that's where I need to be. The past week has been spent doing school work like crazy and trying to keep up with all my regular commitments of practicum, class work, and the like. I turned in my final thesis draft for review by my chair. I defend in a week's time. I bought my cap and gown for graduation. It's funny how things are always changing. Right now especially I feel like everything in my life- my relationships, my day to day routine, where I live- is about to be flipped upside down. And yet I am reminded of God's faithfulness. He walks with me in all things, gently calming my anxious heart. Now it's Friday night, and there's still no time for fun-- but I have my Chinese food, reality television, and lots and lots of homework to enoy. So I leave you with a few pictures from my time in NOLA:




1 comment:

kcarpe8 said...

Shannon.... brave souls that go out and get an education just to move back here to make a difference are something very special, but NOLA is really lucking out getting you back.

Love you,
Kelly