Monday, June 23, 2008

There's no place to hide, but I don't think I'm scared...


Its been a super long time since I've posted but I'm pretty sure no one is hanging on my every word... But I was on vacation with my family and didn't get a chance to post. But I missed it, since this is where I get to sort everything out. So...
-Vacation was fun but I was definitely ready to come back home. I'm excited for camp and just being in New Orleans. Baton Rouge is wearing out my spirit. The highlights of my vacation were randomly finding Amish country and visiting a historical Cherokee village. I'm such a nerd, but if you're reading this you obviously already know that.
- Family is a part of life I can't get figure out. It means something different to everyone. And even if you get along with you family well, everyone's family can set them off quicker than anyone else in the world. I love my family a whole lot and I know that they try really hard to be a good family but I'm not gonna lie, they frustrate the crap out of me- and I feel so guilty for feeling that way. Sometimes its hard to let things slide.
- Today the St. Charles street car line made it to the end of the line for the first time since the storm. I know it seems silly, but it made me happy to know that there was at least one thing in the city restored to its origional condition. As I drove around this weekend and walked around Carrollton today, my thoughts were the same as they always are- how long is this going to be this way? How long will people have to live like this? But for today I was glad to know the answer to at least on of my 'how long" question.
-My friend Andrew got married yesterday, and it was a tradionaly New Orleans wedding (i.e. a SWEET party). I had more fun than I've had in a really long time. I think I forgot how to dance, but it came back to me pretty quick and we had a great time drinking champagne and dancing on the river until late into the night to really inappropriate rap music. I love New Orleans...
- I'm really confused about this whole self confidence thing. I used to think I knew what it was but that I just didn't have much. Then I thought I had more but now I think I don't really know what it is at all. Is it not caring about what others think of you, or is it not being afraid of what others will think of you, or is it not conceding to what others think of you? I say all this because, its pretty difficult to actually not care what others think of you. I mean its hard not to at the very least be annoyed or hurt by thier thoughts. But does this mean you aren't confident? I've also entertained the notion that confidence comes from knowing your image to God but this seems to cocky an idea for me to really buy into. It seems almost dangerous to claim that God created you to be a certain way as a defense mechanism. I'm struggling to figure it out because I have found in my life that just when I should be in a position to feel confident or maybe even do feel confident, one comment from the right person can pretty much undo all of that.

Well i'm litterally falling asleep typing, so I'm off to sleep...

No comments: