Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blue Christmas...


I was so busy with the end of the semster but all in a good way. I feel good about my schoolwork this semester and am excited about what is to come. I feel like I learned so much. I know that sounds so cheesy, but seroiusly, I did. I am at home now in Baton Rouge and it has been a whirlwind of errands and gift wrapping and helping my mom at her school and I am struggling to get into the Christmas Spirit. I am a little sad. I was happy this semster, and looking back I think it is because I am blessed with so many amazing people that bring out the best in me. Being at home, it is harder to choose to be happy. I feel painfully aware of the fact that I am single (which is so unlike me!) mostly because my parents won't stop talking to me about it. I don't know what it is exactly but I am hoping that I snap out of it quickly. Bieng at home isn't all bad though. For the first time in my life, I am really proud of who I am. I know that sounds a little wierd, but what I mean is, I used to be really unsure of myself (my looks, my charecter, my choices ect) and now I feel like I am doing the right thing and that I don't have to defend myself to my family. Now that I feel that way, they are treating me that way too. I don't know if that makes any sense. I was at my mom's school today and I decided to bring home the Charlie Brown Christmas tapes. They are my favorite Christmas movies. There is something about Lionel holding his blanket telling about baby Jesus that always puts me in a Christmas mood. Perhaps that will get me out of this blue Christmas funk I have found myself in.:) In other news, my dad is still hilarious and my mom is still a little nutty. And our dog is still super high maintenance... haha.
Best joke ever: What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic

No comments: