Sunday, May 3, 2009

Eyes Open


Right now at this exact moment I feel thankful for so many things. I spend a lot of time wondering if I am missing God when he shows up because I think too much about it. But tonight I am so thankful for days like today when I am certain with every bone in my body that He is, and that He is good. It seems like sometimes, all I have to do is open my eyes and almost everything I ever wanted is right there. So tonight I'm thankful for:
- My beautiful roommate Robyn, who in so many ways is the sister God forgot to give me. She is always challenging me to think in new ways and she always manages to be there when I need her the most. I couldn't have asked for a better friend. Furthermore she and Chelsea put up with my weird words, the stuttering of said words, my love of doing dishes at somewhat strange times, not always asking for things when I should, not understanding sarcasm and then being sarcastic in return at inappropriate times, and my incessant need for hugging. They really are saints and they get a few gold stars in Heaven for every day we live together.
- Lemonade
- Summer
- Laying in the grass
- New Friends
- Old Friends
- The way God looked at me when I was dead in grief and somehow without me noticing it, brought me back to life.
- My amazing professors, who are affirming and yet never stop pushing me
- Girls nights
- Champagne
- Everyone getting up for the kids offering today
- Family
- Pearl Earrings
- Holding Hands
- Wild Flowers
- Fruit Snacks
- Worship Music
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Nepalese Refugees at So Hills this am
- Pancake Class
- Dogs
- The campus ministry, especially fran and gary and my life group
- Learning new things every day
- Hugs
- Old movies
- Fleur de lis, they just make me so happy
- Sharing blankets in cold weather
- Cardigan Sweaters
- Silly faces, most notably Robyn's top face and Lyndsey's elephant face/noise
- Jesus Christ, who set the example for me to follow, of always putting others before himself, looking to the Father for instruction, paying attention to the ones everyone else forgot, caring for the ones that were careless, and seeing our hearts not our actions- because sometimes people do things they don't really mean for one reason or another.
There's more but I'm off to rest. Good Night, may you also "be thankful."

No comments: