Wednesday, May 26, 2010


I just started doing a Beth Moore study with some of the women at my church. In this weeks lesson Moore writes about satisfaction. She says: "A crucial part of fleshing out our liberation in Christ means allowing Him to fill our empty places. Satisfaction in Christ can be a reality. I know from experience, and I want everyone to know how complete He can make us feel. I'm not talking about a life full of activities. I'm talking about a soul full of Jesus."

Ain't that the truth. What a constant battle it is to resist the temptation to fill our lives with activites to keep us busy, and distracted from the empty feeling we all seem to have in our hearts. I am tired of my life of activites. Don't get me wrong, for the most part I like my life. I spend my days looking for jobs, doing work for the church, spending time with friends, reading, and sending out resumes. All of that's fine, but sometimes, in my quiet moments when things have slowed down, I realize that I lack a contentment that I think the Holy Spirit is supposed to bring. The reason I know it's not there, is becuase, sometimes it is there. I wish I could explain it better. I guess all I really mean to say is that I am realizing that as much as I want to get a job and make friends here and start building my life here now that I've moved back-- What I really want is a soul full of Jesus.

No comments: