Friday, May 14, 2010

Where's the good in goodbye?


I hate saying goodbye. I can't stop crying. I keep doing that thing where you cry really hard, then you stop, then you start again because you just can't help it. It's so embarassing, and my face kind of looks like a punching bag. I am certain that in just a little while I will be saying a lot of hellos that feel really good, but it that thought doesn't make me feel any less sad. I can't even finish this post because I'm too busy blubbering. Ugh. I. Hate. This.

I really should quit complaining though. The Lord has blessed me with wonderful friends here, without whom I would not be the woman I am today. The fact that I'm so sad really bears witness to the rich life I lead. But I still can't stop crying.

Henri Nouwen once said something to the effect of "Much of prayer if greif." Tonight I'm counting on that, and repeating this to myself: May the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.- Phil 4:7

No comments: