Friday, March 6, 2009

Home sweet home...

"For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men." 1 Peter 2:15

I'm finally home. It has been a good trip so far. Yesterday I got to see so many people that I love and miss and it was so good. I know I've siad it a million times but it just seems that when I am here, and especially when I ma at Carrollton all the questions that I have in my heart seem to be quieter. Perhaps it is because the people here possess a wisdom that they don't realize. They have a wise love, the love others the way Christ would, and they don't have to overthink it. They just do it because its the right thing to do.
It is always an interesting thing to have the people I love in Abilene, meet and interact with the people I love here. Yesterday in our group devotional everyone tlaked about how refreshing the church was. Some of them said they felt like they had finally seen what church looked like.
In the devotional, my friend Chris was giving a lesson (well, it was more of a thought). He talked about how a lot of people think it's silly to do what we do. They think it's pointless and crazy to help rebuild a city that is inevitably going to be in harms way. I have know quite a few people who thought that way, and they infuriate me. Chris went on to say that the reeason we do things like this, is because that's what God does for us every single moment. Even though he knows that we will never get it right, he still keeps pouring out his mercy on to us. When he said that I immediately wanted to cry and give him a hug, which I refrained from (mostly because I had just stopped crying from a few minutes before). Then this morning I read that verse from 1 Peter: "For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men." Wow. Right?

No comments: