Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer of Clarity: Step one- Trust...


So when I decided that this was going to be my summer of clarity I decided I better be seeking wisdom from the Lord as part of that. So I am reading the proverbs, and today I came across this in chapter 16: We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer...Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed...In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. (verses 1,3, and 9)
So here's what I'm thinking this means: Find out what your heart really desires, and pursue that. It is the Lord that put it there to begin with, and it is him that will guide you as you go. You aren't on your own, you can make plans, but don't be surprised when God opens and closes doors.
Here's what I'm thinking this means for me: In some ways I have got to calm down about all this stress about my future. I think I need to learn to trust that God is guiding me- and in turn I have got to learn to trust myself. I don't know what I want- becuase I am always second guessing myself. But as usual I find myself wondering- how do I do this? I'm pretty sure about how to not trust, but what does it mean to trust yourself? What does it mean to trust God? Why is that I keep finding myself at this particular crossroads (becuase I feel like I keep coming back to this same point...)? Anyone else? :-)

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

I read Proverbs not too long ago and I felt like I had just received a wonderful slap-you-in-the-face good episode. I can relate to the difficulty of learning to trust yourself and God. If I am always second guessing myself, does He? I know the answer, but it's easier said than believed.

I hope that your summer of clarity continues and that God opens your heart to things only he can divulge. Please, keep us updated on His and your progress!