Saturday, July 31, 2010

No envy, no fear

I live a really rich life. Sometimes I forget this simple fact. So much of the time I am afraid. I am afraid of getting a job. I am afraid of not finding a job. I am afraid of falling in love. I am afraid I will never fall in love. I am afraid of being financially independant. I am afraid of not being financially independent. I am afraid of all the change coming and I am afraid of what will happen to me if things don't change soon.

These are the times in my life when I wish I was braver. Or at least slightly more rational. The truth, of course, is that my life is full of grace, peace, mercy and love. Sure, there's plenty to be afraid of. But I have one bigger reason to be fearless: God's love for me. Remember, "There is no fear in love, because perfect love drives out fear..." (1 John 4:18).

So this week I am working on being a little braver when it counts. Finding an ounce more corage when I feel that fear creeping in to hold me hostage again. I hope that you find that fearless side of yourself when you need it too.

No comments: