Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The greatfulness project: Day 2


Today I'm thankful for:

1. My awesome plaid raincoat: It's just cute and I like cute things that are also functional. If only it had a hood... then it would be perfect!

2. The student who came and sat next to me at the basketball game tonight: I went to the first half of the Dillard b-ball game against Loyola before I came home from work. One of my coworkers was supposed to go with me but he decided to go home and come later (I needed to go home early to study). I went and sat down where I saw an open spot (realizing later that the faculty and staff sit together in a spot you can't see from the door...). I was fine by myself and cheering on the DU players (many of whom I have in class). After a few minutes one of my students came and sat with me. He said that he thought it was cool that I came and that I sat in the student section (I didn't have the heart to tell him I just didn't know any better). I only stayed until half time, but it was fun getting to know him better and watching the basketball game.

3. Diet coke: Enough said!

4. The awesome pictures I keep seeing from the Rally to Restore Sanity this weekend. A couple of my faves are listed below.

5. Take out night: For the most part I try to cook dinner at home. I use the word cook somewhat loosely (e.g. last night I heated a veggie burger and threw some frozen sweet potato fries in the oven. there was no chopping, mixing, etc.). But, once a week, when I feel spent and busy I phone dinner in. And I don't even feel bad about it.


1 comment:

Kelly C said...

I liked the student section story. Your job is awesome Shannon. Its awesome to get to hang out with kids.