Sunday, May 31, 2009

Why they call it the Big Easy...





So my blog is not typically a detailing of what I did but I have to take a moment to share with all of you my perfect Sunday: I left BR and drove into church at Carrollton. On my drive I had the perfect latte and an excellent soundtrack for the bayou roads. I went to service at Carrollton and then Hollygrove, which were both wonderful. Being back in New Orleans is always uplifting and yet emotional. It is a mixed feeling that I can never seem to get the words to describe, but it was a morning filled with joy and a tear or two. After that me and my dear friend Kelly had lunch and a nice leisurely sunday aafternoon drive down St. Charles, one of the prettiest and most pcturesque roads in the city. Then, I got lucky and there was a crawfish boil that evening for a friend in town from NY. It was a perfect first day of my New Orleans summer, and I can already tell it's going to be great. I only wish my favorite Abilene friends could be here to share in it all. Hope you all are enjoying your summer as much as I am. Love you all!

No comments: